Join us to help Pars Equality Center in catalyzing social, civic and economic integration of immigrants from Persian-speaking and other countries into American society.
Outreach and Program Coordinator
Pars Equality Center
San Jose, CA
The Legal Department of Pars Equality Center is hiring a full time Outreach and Program Coordinator to support our growing Immigration and Citizenship Services (ICS) Program. Pars Equality Center is a DOJ Recognized 501(c)(3)and is seeking an individual to lead planning, organizing and conducting outreach for the ICS Program, with a particular focus upon Know Your Rights (KYR) events and dissemination of information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The employee will report to the Legal Director and assist all immigration attorneys and DOJ accredited representatives on staff.
- The Coordinator will lead and assist with promotion, planning an execution of KYRs and other immigration programs. KYR events will include roundtables, seminars and workshops.
- The Coordinator will collaborate with other agencies.
- Serve minority populations at accessible community venues, such as churches, mosques, libraries, as well as, research and locate which locations and areas reach the target population.
- Assist with and compile grant reports required by the grantor.
- Live stream, post, etc. and skillfully use our social media platforms to disseminate our KYR materials, and promote our events.
- Create and distribute KYR materials, such as flyers, posters, wallet-sized cards by frequenting the locations, using social media and through relevant contacts.
- Assist with and organize Community Mobile and On-site Legal Clinics (on-line and in-person).
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- College degree or Associate Degree
- Prior experience with development, outreach, marketing and/or promotions preferred
- Strong preference given to applicants who also have proficiency in Spanish and/or Farsi
- Proven work experience on various social media platforms, with the ability to generate, edit, publish, and share content daily
- Strong computer literacy skills, including with Excel, Word, Drop Box, and knowledge of social media outreach and resources.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills; ability to pay attention to detail and work on multiple matters. Ability to network, seek-out opportunities to reach community members to participate in our KYR events, other legal events, and obtain necessary legal services
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented multi-cultural work environment serving individuals from various cultures and backgrounds.
- CA Driver License and vehicle.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; benefits including health insurance and vacation.