Front Office Receptionist
Pars Equality Center
San Jose, CA
FT: 40 hours/week
Date to Start: May 11, 2022
Supervisor: Goli Ghorashi
The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for greeting persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
Answering calls, taking messages, and assisting staff when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sort and distributes incoming mail
- Answer the phone to take messages or redirect calls to appropriate colleagues
- Monitor stocks of office supplies and report when there are shortages
- Perform other office duties as assigned – assisting teachers, making copies, etc…
- Ability to communicate professionally with the clients
- Ensure that sensitive information is safeguarded
- Great attention to detail
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with community partners/ community members
- Performs advocacy on behalf of the program at meetings and other outreach events;
- Works as a productive member of Pars’ Social Services Division;
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required education, knowledge, skills & abilities: Minimum
- Fluent in Persian and English Language is preferred.
- High school degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have good organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Must have working knowledge of office devices and processes.