Hand & lift Grant
The Oskouy Family Foundation offers the “Hand & Lift” grant to assist college students in California’s Bay Area who are experiencing financial hardship. The intent of this grant is to lend a helping hand to students who need a financial lift. The grant is meant to complement other financial assistance students may receive to help support their tuition and/or living expenses.
The selection committee looks for the students with promising academic background who need financial support to maximize their potential. The current program targets students who are enrolled in colleges/universities in The Bay Area.
The scholarship is up to $5,000 per candidate.
- Currently enrolled in any of the following institutions in The Bay Area:
o Two-year, four-year, or graduate school as part-time or full-time student
o Career/Technical, Vocational, or Certificate programs as a part-time or full-time student
- Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Hold a part time job while attending school
How To Apply
Submit a completed application by August 1st of each year to be considered for the following school year calendar. Your application package must include:
- Completed application form (Please click here to fill out the form)
- School transcripts and testing records
- Income tax forms for yourself and your parents for the past two years (You may bring this document to the interview session)
- Bank statement
- Personal essay in which you
o Write about yourself and your goals
o Write about the reasons you chose your field of study
o Write about your future plans after graduation
o Keep the personal voice, be creative yet thoughtful
o Your personal essay must be coherent and polished, within 750-900 words, and doubled spaced
- Leasing agreement, if any
Applicants must agree to appear in promotional and advertising materials.
- Applicant(s) submit application(s) by August 1st. (To upload your document, please click here)
- Committee reads and reviews all applications by August 15,
- Committee recommends ten applicants for final review,
- Pars Equality Center announces the recipients’ names to public,
- Pars Equality Center mails checks to source of financial hardship.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.