Pars Youth Grant
Under the auspices of the Kordestani Family Foundation, The Pars Youth Grant /The American Dream is a financial grant dedicated to ensuring the future generation’s academic success. The students must be currently graduating from high school in California, with specific plans to continue their education in a College or a University in California.
The amount of the grant varies based on financial need and educational costs of the institute for each student. The maximum award will be $10,000 per student.
Recipients may not receive a Pars Youth Grant for more than one year.
- Currently graduating from high school,
- Be of Iranian descent,
- Be a California resident,
- Be a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident,
- Be enrolled into an accredited College or University in California,
- Demonstrate financial need [must apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)],
- Possess and maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
How to Apply
An applicant must submit a completed application by the deadline July 15, 2021, which includes the following:
- To complete the application form, please click here
- To upload the required documents, please click here
- School transcripts and testing records
- A Letter of Acceptance from an accredited college or university in California
- Income tax forms from the applicant and their parents for the past two years
- A personal essay in which the applicant:
o Writes about themselves and their goals
o Writes about the reasons they chose they field of study
o Writes about the future plans after graduation
o Maintains they personal voice in their writing; being creative yet thoughtful
o The personal essay must be coherent and polished within 750 words
- A letter of recommendation from a current or former teacher or instructor that can speak to your academic achievements, career aspirations, character, and circumstances
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.