Goodarzi Scholarship Grant (A)
Under the auspices of Sasan and Shirin Goodarzi, the Goodarzi Scholarship Grant provides financial assistance designed to aid students in California. This grant is awarded to female students of Iranian descent who—within the last seven years—have migrated to the United States.
The maximum award granted to each student within a year is $10,000. Students who manage to continue their education up to a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree while also maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher may be eligible to receive financial assistance for the duration of their studies. Mr. and Mrs. Goodarzi will be the ones to decide whether a recipient of the Goodarzi Scholarship Grant would be eligible to receive continuous financial support until graduation.
- Be a female student in an undergraduate or graduate program,
- Have chosen to major in a Computer Engineering field or in Computer Science Degree programs,
- Be an immigrant of Iranian descent, and have lived in the State of California for a maximum of seven years,
- Be a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident,
- Be enrolled at or accepted into an accredited institution of higher education in California,
- Demonstrate financial need,
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit a completed application by July 15, 2024 of each year to be considered for the following school year calendar. The application package must include the following:
- To complete the application form, please click here. In order to access the application, log in with your Google username and password, then fill out the intake form and upload all the requested documents. The sign-in requirement is implemented to increase the online data security. Please take the time to read over the entire application, complete all pages, and submit all the required documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- School transcripts and testing records
- A Letter of Acceptance from an accredited college or university in California
- Income tax forms from the applicant and her parents for the past two years (An applicant may bring this document to the interview session.)
- A personal essay in which the applicant:
o Writes about herself and her goals
o Writes about the reasons she chose her field of study
o Writes about her future plans after graduation
o Maintains her personal voice in her writing; being creative yet thoughtful
o The personal essay must be coherent and polished, within 750-900 words, and doubled-spaced.
- One letter of recommendation from a current or former professor that can speak to your academic achievements, career aspirations, character, and circumstances
Applicants must agree to appear in promotional and advertising materials.
- Applicant submits application by July 15, 2024.
- Committee reads and reviews all applications by will be announced.
- Committee recommends ten applicants for final review,
- Mr. & Mrs. Goodarzi meet with the runners-up,
- Mr. & Mrs. Goodarzi announce the two finalists to receive financial assistance,
- Pars Equality Center announces the recipients’ names to the public,
- The scholarship checks are made payable to the University and will be mailed to the awardees.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.