Pars Equality Center (Pars) continues to support the brave protesters in Iran in their fight for freedom and fundamental rights. Following are some of the efforts Pars has been involved with:
- Pars is honored to work with Representative Katie Porter in a bipartisan push to call on Meta—the parent company of Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp—to protect the free speech of Iranian protestors. To read more, please click HERE.
- The Los Angeles City Council passed a resolution to stand in solidarity women led the human rights movement in Iran and commends them for their bravery and courage in demanding their rights and freedom and condemning the Islamic Republic of Iran for the killing of Jina Mahsa Amini. The violence unleashed on peaceful Iranian protesters demanding justice and accountability for Amini’s death. A motion presented by Councilmember Nithya Raman in collaboration with Pars. To watch a video, please click HERE.
- PAAIA and Pars urge the United Nations Human Rights Council to take action and stand with the people of Iran. To read more, please click HERE.
- City of San Jose & Pars Joint Press Release: Solidarity with the Iranian Women. To read more, please click HERE.
- On September 30th, following a petition submitted by Pars to Los Angeles Councilmember Nithya Raman, the LA City Hall and the 6th Street Bridge lit up in the colors green, white, and red of the Iran flag to show solidarity with Iranians fighting for women’s rights. To mark this occasion, in an evet organized by community activists, Councilmembers Nithya Raman and Paul Koretz, Assemblymember Laura Friedman, and the former Chair of Women’s Studies at California State University Northridge made speeches condemning the violence in Iran and supporting the Iranian uprising for human rights. To watch a video, please click HERE.